Kirsten Johansson MA, RTC
I am a Registered Therapeutic Counsellor with a Master's degree in Expressive Arts Therapy and Psychology. I hold additional Certification in Relational Somatic Therapy, as well as training in Narrative Therapy, Internal Family Systems Therapy, and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy.
My therapeutic work promotes self-discovery and growth through body, mind and emotional awareness.
I draw from holistic counselling approaches including the arts, bodywork, mindfulness and cognitive therapies.
Interested in learning more?
"Kirsten is so warm and open...always allowing the space and time for people to experience themselves."
"Kirsten has a comforting grounding presence and it is felt in her work. She is very knowledgeable."
"Kirsten is very attentive, encouraging and observant."
"Kirsten is so patient, nuturing and such a great listener."
"Kirsten was such an open and honest instructor, who made us feel safe always."
Training and Work Experience:
- Masters Degree in Expressive Arts Therapy and Psychology
- Certified in Relational Somatic Therapy
- Private practice at Family Centre Therapeutics (www.vanfct.com)
- Teach "Body-Mind Integration" at Vancouver School of Bodywork at Massage (www.vsoha.com)
- Teach "Somatic Approaches to Coaching & Counselling" at Rhodes Wellness College
- Teach "Introduction to Expressive Arts Therapy" at Rhodes Wellness College
- Teach "Professional Development" at Vancouver School of Bodywork and Massage
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Concordia University